Half Of The Passengers Left TIA Following Resumption Of Service

Half Of The Passengers Left TIA Following Resumption Of Service

March 10, 2015, 5:45 p.m. Published in Magazine Issue: Vol: 08 No. -17 March. 06- 2015 (Falgun 22, 2071)

Following the resumption of operation last night, almost half of the stranded passengers flew to their destination. The Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), which had been closed since last three days after the Turkish Airlines’ airbus met with an accident while landing on Wednesday, resumed its service from Saturday evening.

The only international airport resumed operation after the aircraft was moved to the parking lot.

The airport will remain open round- the-clock for the time being for the convenience of passengers, Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) Director General Ratishchandra Lal Suman said.

A team of 25 experts from India, 400 Nepal Army personnel, 360 Nepal police personnel and other 200 people worked continuously to remove the aircraft. Over 22 equipments and containers and cranes were used to remove the airbus.

The disruption of international flights at TIA had left many passengers stranded at home and abroad.

TIA makes 40 international flights and sees landing of same number of flights from different countries a day. It incurred losses of over Rs 10 million on average due to the closure of international flights.

Some 50 international flights have taken off and landed at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) since Saturday night till Sunday morning.

The TIA resumes services following the clearance of crash-landed airbus of Turkish Airlines from the runway of the only international airport of Nepal.

With the resumption of TIA service, the national flag carrier, Nepal Airlines, took off its first flight to New Delhi and returned Kathmandu from Delhi carrying 150 passengers, informed Nepal Civil Aviation Authority, Airport Office.

The airbus of same airlines had already been off to Kuala Lumpur of Malaysia and will fly for another destination after returning from Malaysia, Deputy Officer of the office, Keshab Bhattarai.

The TIA which was disrupted for the past four days after Turkish Airlines' plane grounded on runway on Wednesday morning resumed its service from 7.00 pm Saturday reports THT Online.. 

More on News

The Latest

Latest Magazine

VOL 12 No.21, June 28 –18 July, 2019 (Ashad 13, 2076) Online Register Number: DOI 584/074-75

VOL 12 No.20, Jun 07 –27 June, 2019 (Jestha 24, 2076/074-75) Online Register Number: DOI 584

VOL 12 No.19, May 17 –06 June, 2019 (Jestha 03, 2076) Online Register Number: DOI 584/074-75

VOL 12 No.18, May 3 -16,2019 (Baisakh.20, 2076) Online Register Number: DOI 584/074-75