Indian ambassador Ranjit Rae inaugurated the newly renovated Shree Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple in Dolpa District being constructed with Government of India grant assistance of NRs 33.3 millions.
According to a press release of Indian Embassy, Indian also provided 58.34 million for Renovation, Conservation and Preservation of Shree Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple in Dolpa District and construction of school building for Shree Chandannath H.S. School in Jumla District
India Ambassador Rae also inaugurated school building of Shree Chandannath H.S. School, Khalanga Bazar, in Jumla district, constructed with Government of India. Grant assistance of NRs 24.94 millions.
Shree Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple is located at the Tripurakot on the bank of glacial river Thuli Bheri. It is a historic structure said to be more than 900 years old, having great socio-cultural relevance in the life of the people of the Dolpa district. The renovation of the temple has upgraded the old structure with improved facilities for 20,000 pilgrims visiting the temple every year.
Established in 1951, and upgraded to Higher Secondary school in 2006 Shree Chandannath H.S. School is one of the important educational institutions of this remote district in Nepal’s mid western region. The school has around 700 students of which 60% are girl's student. This is the first development project undertaken by Government of India in Jumla District. In addition, two ambulances have been gifted by Government of India to this District.
Underlining the importance of strengthening of educational infrastructure for Nepal’s overall development, Ambassador Rae in his address expressed the hope that the various projects being executed or completed under the Nepal – India Economic Cooperation Programme will help the people of Nepal in their quest towards peace and prosperity.