The application period for the 2019 Diversity Visa (DV) program opens at noon Eastern Standard Time, October 3, 2017 (9:45 pm local time in Nepal; Ashwin 17, 2074 B.S.), and closes at noon, Eastern Standard Time, November 7, 2017 (10:45 pm local time; Kartik 21, 2074 B.S.). “We strongly encourage DV program entrants to apply early,”said a press release issued by The U.S. Embassy in Nepal.
Important information for intending applicants:
• Applying is FREE: There is NO FEE to enter the DV lottery.
• Consultants Not Necessary: The U.S. Embassy recommends against using a consultant to assist you with your application. Please consider using a family member, friend or other trusted person if you need assistance. No matter who provides assistance, you are solely responsible for your own application.
• Apply online: Entries for the 2019 Diversity Visa lottery must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period.
• Entire family on an application: When registering, you must list your spouse and all of your unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application. Submissions without the inclusion of family members will make your entry invalid.
• One application per person: You may submit only ONE application. Applicants who submit more than one application will be disqualified from consideration.
• Submit a recent photo: Entries submitted with the same photo from the last DV year will be disqualified. Be sure to precisely follow the photo rules and associate each photo with the correct person on your application. Please note that applicants may not wear glasses in their photos.
• Be sure to print and save your confirmation number: This number is the only way to check your status.
• Never give your confirmation number to anyone.
• The only method of determining whether you were selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 1, 2018 (Baisakh 18, 2075).
Entrants must provide an e-mail address as part of their entry; however, there is NO email notification sent to selectees informing them they were selected.
Even if you are selected as a DV winner, this does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. If you do get a visa interview, a Consular Officer will determine whether you meet the qualifications and are eligible for the DV under U.S. immigration law. For a checklist of what to bring to the interview, please visit: https://go.usa.gov/xRuzM.
According to the press release, for further information on the DV program, please visit www.dvlottery.state.gov or the U.S. Embassy Kathmandu website at https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/.